Tuesday, September 11, 2012

pancakes

Very few people know that our youngest sweet girl, Mia, is on a dairy-free, sugar-free diet.  She just has some trouble digesting, but we're praying she'll grow out of it.  So with this new diet comes new foods and I am very much enjoying the discovery of amazing recipes!  This pancake recipe has quickly become a family favorite, so I thought I would share it with my lucky readers!

Pancakes
{adapted from this homemade life}
yields 8-10 pancakes

What you will need:
1 1/4 cup pastry flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup nondairy milk (you can choose your favorite, I am sure it will be fine with dairy milk also)
1 tablespoon melted nondairy butter (or vegetable oil will work)
4 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce

What you will need to do:
Combine the dry ingredients - flour, baking powder and salt - into a mixing bowl.  In another bowl, mix the milk, butter and applesauce then add this mixture to the flour mixture. A few lumps in the batter is just fine.  If you over mix, it can make your pancakes tough.

Heat your nonstick griddle over medium heat.  Pour the batter onto the griddle.  A 1/4 cup is a good measurement for our pancakes.  Cook for a couple of minutes until you see bubbles along the edge - if the bubbles pop, and don't fill in with wet batter, that is usually a good sign the pancake is ready to flip.  You can peek using your spatula to see if the pancake is a nice golden brown.  Flip and finish cooking for another two minutes or so until it's golden brown.
Serve warm with your favorite toppings - I love syrup!  {Or as my husband jokes, I enjoy a little pancake with my syrup} 
And enjoy! Belive me, you will want more than one.
 
***
What is your family's favorite food to eat?
Do you have a favorite recipe?  Please feel free to share!
 
***
Please contact me with any questions or comments!
Have a blessed day!


No comments:

Post a Comment