Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Yummy Pumpkin Donuts

I am not sure if it is the same where you are, but it seems like the temperatures dropped over night here in Iowa.  All last week the girls were begging us to rake the leaves we didn't have to jump in them, and now our yard is covered! As soon as the wind dies down, we'll be having some fall fun!
Also over the weekend, we did a little shopping and found THIS!
 A donut maker!  I am now the happiest mommy of a three year old ever!  I can now make my sweet girl some sugar free donuts!
 
And, I thought I would share our recipe with you!
 
Pumpkin Donuts
(adapted from {this} recipe
 
What you'll need:
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce
3 large eggs
3/4 cup splenda
1 1/2 cup canned pumpkin puree
1 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
Mix all ingredients together until smooth
Then add
1 3/4 cups plus 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
Mix until smooth.
 
 It took me a few tries to figure out the best way to fill our donut maker.  I was over filling and our little donuts didn't have holes :)
 This recipe makes A LOT of donuts - which was not a problem! We ate them all with no trouble!
 I hope you try and enjoy these donuts as much as we did!


No comments:

Post a Comment